Monday, February 06, 2006

Meme: The Aftermath

First, let me say, I truly admire the immense courage it must have taken for all of you to confide your innermost secrets...

Holly has confessed that one of her favorite toys is her own—but no!—I can say no more here. This is a PG-rated blog, after all, so you must read her meme to grasp the picture fully. And if you sense that you suffer from multiple personalities, she may empathize with you, since she has tagged one of hers for this meme! (Also, Holly has added a fantastic category: “Five Things That Scare You,” and I plan to pester her about one of her scary-things.)

ActonBell has pluckily admitted to wearing a “size 3, wild Bongo pencil skirt.” This is truly a testimony to the fashion-gaffe that all women tragically suffer at some point in our lives. And I do believe ActonBell is one of the most honest among us in listing “Happy Birthday” as lyrics she recalls, because if you are anything like me, I’ll sing along with a song for years only to discover (upon actually reading the lyrics) that I have been singing the wrong words entirely.

The Poodle’s Friend’s deep dark secret is one which, I’m imagine, we can all identify. She bravely admits to her sticker-collecting phase. (For me, it was clay marbles.) She also wears a sexy pair of glasses which might be banned from this blog. And she has a stuffed dog named “Mr. Roger” – not to be confused with Mr. Rogers. But this begs the question: is Mr. Roger The Poodle’s Friend’s Poodle?

Golgotha_Tramp has boldly owned up to the fact that one of her bad habits is also one of her favorite things to do, which makes such perfect sense that, of course, I never thought of it myself! But Golgotha’s meme has left me with more questions than answers: Is a “romper” the same thing as a “jumper?” And what is a “Puffalump?”

As a result of reading your memes, I have come to the conclusion that the world would be a much better place if we were all millionaires. Holly would give money more often and more generously to causes she supports; ActonBell would also contribute to her pet causes; The Poodle’s Friend would buy her school and make it decent; and Golgotha_Tramp would work for an animal shelter. All highly admirable.

However, if the million-dollar decision was mine to make, who would receive this grand money? I’m sorry to say that my decision would not at all be difficult to make. I would—no, I must—award the million to The Poodle’s Friend who would “Produce a Buffy feature film with Sarah Michelle Gellar.” Oh, I can’t wait!

On the other hand, without the million, I would be just as pleased to hear Holly and The Poodle’s Friend sing lyrics from Buffy’s “Once More with Feeling” Soundtrack whilst ActonBell and Golgotha_Tramp are toasting marshmallows (or do you both prefer them un-toasted?) And hopefully, MysticGypsy, Fancy Pancakes, Cristina, Panacea, and all other dear friends and sweet visitors would be able to join us.

9 repartee:

Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

I'll try and post it this week :)

Cristina.

2/06/2006 1:49 PM  
Blogger The Poodle's Friend wrote...

I'll be sending you tickets to the premiere. Would you like seats next to Joss? Because I'm sure that, as the producer, I can pretty much arrange for anything.
I am sorry to say that Mr. Roger is not the Poodle's Friend's Poodle. Who is the Poodle's Friend's Poodle? *evil cackle* That query shall never be answered! *other evil cackle*

2/06/2006 2:12 PM  
Blogger mysticgypsy wrote...

Welcome back Frankengirl! :)
I am hoping to turn in a Meme soon.

2/06/2006 2:31 PM  
Blogger frankengirl wrote...

Cristina & MysticGypsy - You'll have to do extra credit if your memes aren't posted by -- oops! Got carried away there! I look forward to reading your memes whenever they appear - :)

P.S. Thanks for the warm welcome, MysticGypsy!!!

2/06/2006 3:12 PM  
Blogger frankengirl wrote...

poodle's friend -

Yes, sitting next to Joss would be lovely indeed, and personally, I believe it would be best if James Marsters sat nearby as well. I have some, ahem, very critical questions to ask him about, umm, whatever. ;)

As for the top-secret-topic of The Poodle's Friend's Poodle, I promise not to promise not to speak of it ever again - despite all your *evil cackles*!

2/06/2006 3:28 PM  
Blogger actonbell wrote...

Marshmellows: toasted with chocolate OR, if they be peeps, refrigerated. And you're absolutely right, of COURSE our bad habits are also our favorite activities--why didn't I think of that??
I used to be afraid that I had a multiple personality,but then a coworker, many moons ago, told me that it was okay to talk to myself, even okay to answer myself--as long as I used my own voice.
and, *sigh*, I wish that "size 3" business still applied, too...

2/06/2006 8:57 PM  
Blogger frankengirl wrote...

actonbell - Thanks for sharing your coworker's words of wisdom... They have reassured me greatly - ;)

2/07/2006 5:42 AM  
Blogger Golgotha_Tramp wrote...

Super big welcome back FG! I've been resisting ranting on my page about the Islam riot and I didn't have your page to occupy me! Hope you were having fun!

See a romper is those all-in-one things that babies wear with feet and hands and buttons up the front (my basic American/English Dictionary i.e Watching way to many films is saying baby grow?)

A puffalump was a toy by fisher price. they were soft and squooshy! Image here (http://i9.ebayimg.com/02/i/06/0c/1b/3e_1_b.JPG)

And poking my boyfriend fills me with such joy and him with such frustration that I know I should stop but I just don't want to!

2/07/2006 8:02 AM  
Blogger frankengirl wrote...

Aww, that Puffalump is sooo adorable!

Yes, you're definitely beyond your romper years, or else you're a blogging prodigy - ;)

Back at you with a super-duper hello!

2/07/2006 9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home